[geeks] Stuff fo' sale

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed Aug 16 19:54:20 CDT 2006

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Michael Parson wrote:
>> This is how I was in my first car accident.  Dumbass comes to a stop
>> at the end of the merge/onramp to the highway.  Guy behind him came to
>> a screeching halt, I came to a screeching halt [...]
>
> There's this one asshat who lives near me who does this *every* *time*.
>   I usually merge into the traffic directly by passing him.  I made the
> mistake of waiting for him couple of times.  He sits there for about
> *five minutes*.

There was a guy did that in front of me once in Spokane.  Actually
opened his door, stood up, and peered back down the freeway to study the
oncoming traffic.  Looked to be about 80.

There was actually a rather large gap at the time.  I floored it and
went around him.  He had this sort of startled-chicken "WTF was that?!?"
look.  About a quarter mile on, when I looked in my mirror, the next
group of traffic had almost gotten to the on-ramp, and he was STILL
standing there looking bewilderedly back and forth.