[geeks] Stuff fo' sale

Steve Haavik shaavik at soc.lib.md.us
Thu Aug 17 06:42:48 CDT 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Dan Duncan wrote:
> I take this shortcut to work that involves this really strange merge lane
> setup.  I'm sure it has a name but I can't be arsed to look for it so
> here's the satellite photo.  The blue car heading west at the end of the

See, you need something like this.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=39.235652,-76.814534&spn=0.003661,0.008497&t=h&om=1

We have a nice long merge lane with no visability because you have to stop
under the bridge. It's hard to see in the photo but, you actually have to
pull out into traffic to see if there IS any traffic coming down the ramp.
On the other hand, we frequently have a cop car or 2 parked just out of
sight so you can't see them before you make the turn. I still can't figure
out if their watching for people speeding down the ramp (it is on a
relatively steep hill) or if they're there to catch people ignoring the
stop sign.