[geeks] Dos and similar games

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Aug 3 13:00:39 CDT 2006

I wrote, and Geff replied:

> > I love Snood, and would like Tetris and a nice selection of
solitaire
> > (card) games.
>
> ok, I'll keep them in mind.

   You have piqued my interest! Snood only requires sliding side-to-side
plus a "fire" button; Tetris requires more controls, and I dunno how one
would write solaire games without a mouse. What kind of control can you
implement that might handle all of these? (I'm no designer or
programmer, just curious.)

Geoff wrote:

> Can't say much for either. Unless you are refering to the real Zork.
The
> one that predates the IBM PC. The first time I saw it was 1979, and
> it was on an IBM mainframe.

   I meant the text adventure I played on an old IBM PC. Same thing,
essentially, though I imagine it was already shovelware when I first saw
it? :7)

> No, but no beta unit for you. :-)

   D'oh! Damn honest streak always gets me in trouble...

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator