[geeks] Dos and similar games

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Aug 3 13:20:45 CDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 02:00:39PM -0400, William Enestvedt wrote:

>    You have piqued my interest! Snood only requires sliding side-to-side
> plus a "fire" button; Tetris requires more controls, and I dunno how one
> would write solaire games without a mouse. What kind of control can you
> implement that might handle all of these? (I'm no designer or
> programmer, just curious.)

To keep it short, I have patent pending technology to do just that.
Prior art is pretty simple, it is replacing a key event with a button push.
My (co invented with my son Paul) technology goes beyond that to the
point of replacing all input devices with the button pads on the
handheld device. It includes a mouse with acceleration and non linear
(not just up down, right, left motion), joysticks, yokes (as in airplanes),
foot pedals, etc.

There have been some minor advances in the technology, our patent application
was filed in November 2003 and made public last May.

It also includes adaptive technology, e.g. when the program is looking
for mice input, become a mouse, when it is looking for joystick input
change to a joystick, keyboard input become a Ouija board, etc.

The whole concept behind the unit is to play emulated and native
(x86 DOS/Windows/Linux) games without modification or porting.

Requests for more information will be answered privately, resumes, offers
to beta test etc, will be filed for (far) future consideration and offers
of funding will be forwarded to my son. :-)

Any similarities to a certain Korean unit are due to them stealing our
marcom docs and business plan. If you saw the movie "Galaxy Quest",
think of the same idea with the whole thing going terribly wrong.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838