[geeks] Solaris 10 install on x86

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at mail.zill.net
Mon Mar 28 20:20:21 CST 2005

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 09:12:34PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> I've been trying to install Solaris 10 on a 64-bit Athlon system, with
> little luck.

I have run it on both a 32bit x86 and a 64bit x86 dual-Opteron, so it
does work on some hardware.

> It boots, does some init, and then displays a message saying it is
> starting the installation program.  This is a screen that's either beige
> or light gray, with dark text (blue or something).

There should be a way to choose the text-mode installation (choice #4).

> My hardware (which some people say works)::
>
>     AMD64 3000 CPU
>     Asus K8V-X motherboard
>     nVidia FX5700 GPU

Any chance you have a different graphics card to put in there
temporarily?

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Web hosting        |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $49.95/month      |
| Colocation w/50GB transfer     $79.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $225/month        |