[geeks] Origin2000 Transportation

David Cummings real.psyence at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 01:45:26 CST 2005

Hey all,
    Any tips or tricks on transporting an Origin2000? The plan is to
put it in a van or pickup truck(my rent-a-car options). Uhauls etc.
are too expensive(they charge by mileage), and I would need a really
huge one to fit it vertically. The plan is to either put it vertically
in the pickup (it's on a pallet now), and tie it way down. OR, to lay
it down in the van.
   Questions:
1.) Is it OK to lay the server down? Is there anything I should
disconnect beforehand.
2.) Whichever way it's placed, it ought to have a fair amount of
padding against bumps, etc. Suggestions? I had been thinking a couple
of tires and something soft, like a mattress. Any ideas would be
appreciated.
   Things to keep in mind: Budget is extremely low, server is very big
(>6ft and >410lbs).

Thanks!!!
-Dave
--
The way that can be named is not the Way.