[geeks] OSX Server

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Mar 17 23:11:41 CST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> Although this is also pandemic to Windows too, create a small VisualC
> anything and you end up linking with everything plus the sink and
> kitchen brush.

Not true.  If you stick with the Win32 API[0] instead of MFC, it's easy
to get applications in the 128K range that get a lot of work done.  This
may not be the case in the .NET era, but I routinely had tiny
executables when I used Visual C++ 6.

[0] Which is really a Damn Fine API, Hungarian notation aside.
--
Jonathan Patschke  )   "Once again, `digital' is proving to be a
Elgin, TX         (     synonym for `crap'."