[geeks] Well, bugger. SU3000 still isn't playing nice.

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jun 21 23:29:33 CDT 2005

Tue, 21 Jun 2005 @ 22:39 -0400, James Fogg said:

> > Hit front-panel "on" switch.  UPS does not power on.  Zip,
> > nada, just the tiniest, most momentary flash from the site
> > wiring fault LED at the instant you flip the switch.  I'm
> > 100% certain I wired the cable correctly.
> >
> > Anyone suggest where to go from here?
>
> Are you certain you wired it correctly? Sounds like hot and neutral are
> reversed.

The wiring fault light should stay on in that case.

> Also, are you sure it's 110V? 30A @ 110V is a bit uncommon.

I don't believe he has 30A... he was just hacking the plug to make it
work (get around the blade orientation).

To the OP: you might check for silly things like the 110/220 setting on
the unit, and also check unit fuses.  My 1920VA UPS has several fuses.

I used to have a UPS unit at $WORK that would refuse to boot up at all
if the batteries were dead.  We had to partially charge them before
putting them in the UPS.

Another possibility is that the batteries are dead or miswired.  The
momentary flash of life is usually what I see when that is the case.

If the wiring fault detector is working, it should remain lit, not just
flash.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I want this Perl software checked for
viruses.  Use Norton Antivirus." -- Charlie Kirkpatrick]