[geeks] Well, bugger. SU3000 still isn't playing nice.

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 22 07:47:06 CDT 2005

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> I don't believe he has 30A... he was just hacking the plug to make it
> work (get around the blade orientation).

Correct.

> To the OP: you might check for silly things like the 110/220 setting on
> the unit, and also check unit fuses.  My 1920VA UPS has several fuses.

Yeah, I can try opening it up and checking fuses.  Good call.

> Another possibility is that the batteries are dead or miswired.  The
> momentary flash of life is usually what I see when that is the case.

Given that they have APC's standard quick-plug connector, I don't see
how they can be miswired.  Can they be so dead the UPS doesn't even
power on and give a battery-failure alert?

> If the wiring fault detector is working, it should remain lit, not just
> flash.

Right, that was my thinking.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 408-592-8081         Landline: 603-886-3518