[geeks] Well, bugger. SU3000 still isn't playing nice.

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue Jun 21 23:07:25 CDT 2005

James Fogg wrote:
>>Hit front-panel "on" switch.  UPS does not power on.  Zip,
>>nada, just the tiniest, most momentary flash from the site
>>wiring fault LED at the instant you flip the switch.  I'm
>>100% certain I wired the cable correctly.
>>
>>Anyone suggest where to go from here?
>
> Are you certain you wired it correctly? Sounds like hot and neutral are
> reversed.

Well, I *COULD* open up both ends of the adapter cable and check it
again .... and, out of total paranoia, the plug on the UPS itself too.

[brief interlude]

Confirmed: white to white to white, green to green to green, black to
black to black, all the way.  I'd check it for continuity as well,
except I don't know at this moment in time where my DMM is.  I could
check the outlet, too -- again, if I could find my DMM.  However, I
currently have my SU1400 plugged into the same wall outlet I was trying
the SU3000RM in, and the SU1400 isn't complaining, so I assume the
outlet itself is good.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 408-592-8081         Landline: 603-886-3518