[geeks] Well, bugger. SU3000 still isn't playing nice.

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Tue Jun 21 21:51:58 CDT 2005

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Hit front-panel "on" switch.  UPS does not power on.  Zip, nada, just
> the tiniest, most momentary flash from the site wiring fault LED at the
> instant you flip the switch.  I'm 100% certain I wired the cable
> correctly.

Sounds like your battery packs are dead or you're not getting power to the
UPS. Remember that these creatures run off of thier battery packs -- no
battery, no boot.

Packs should equal 48V together. I think the SU3000RM is two packs of 48V
@ 7Ah for a total of 48V @ 14Ah. Peak current is about 60A, so keep clear.
Main fuses, IIRC, are in combination 120A (for 200% load for 20 cycles or
.333 of a second).

If the batteries are good and hooked up, the UPS should attempt to power
up, unless it's not a recent vintage that allows you to do that. In that
case, you'll need AC in the beast, and yes... 30a@ 110V is most common.
Some of the UPS manuals state that as long as you don't put more than
1500W load, you can plug the UPS into a 15A outlet. Remember that the
charger on board isn't large enough to dump-charge the batteries, just
slowly return them to charged state in about 24 hours.

--
Kris Kirby <kris at catonic.net>
                       "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"