[geeks] Well, bugger. SU3000 still isn't playing nice.

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Wed Jun 22 10:22:58 CDT 2005

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Hit front-panel "on" switch.  UPS does not power on.  Zip, nada, just
> the tiniest, most momentary flash from the site wiring fault LED at the
> instant you flip the switch.  I'm 100% certain I wired the cable correctly.
>
> Anyone suggest where to go from here?

Does it actually require AC to power on if the batteries are charged?  You
may be chasing the wrong ghost.  I use an old UPS strictly as an inverter in
my truck.  It complains about lack of AC but I've actually NEVER plugged it
into AC.

-DanD

# Unfortunate as it may seem, medical science does not fully understand any
# of the phenomena described above. However, it has composed impressive poly-
# syllabic names for them, which is surely the next best thing.  Cecil Adams