[geeks] Composite -> VGA adapters

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 22:17:45 CST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:13:02 -0500, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> I bought a box from gamestop for under $50 that lets me hook a composite
> or y/c source up to a VGA monitor.  I can't seem to find it on their web
> site though.  It was in the display area that sells things like video
> switch boxes and such.
>
> I know I've seen such things on eBay, but I'm having trouble hitting the
> proper search terms at the moment.

There used to be a lot more of these on eBay than what I am seeing
right now, however, the price has come down quite a bit (they were in
the $75+ range, now in the <$40 range):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41059&item=8171279888&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3759&item=5167696176&rd=1

I searched on:

game console computer monitor

They look useful for building a more compact set up of consoles hooked
to a monitor or LCD instead of the usual mess of console gear spilling
out from the area of the television/home entertainment center.

=Nadine=