[geeks] Composite -> VGA adapters

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 21:48:35 CST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:17:45 -0500, velociraptor <velociraptor at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:13:02 -0500, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:
>
> > I bought a box from gamestop for under $50 that lets me hook a composite
> > or y/c source up to a VGA monitor.  I can't seem to find it on their web
> > site though.  It was in the display area that sells things like video
> > switch boxes and such.
> >
> > I know I've seen such things on eBay, but I'm having trouble hitting the
> > proper search terms at the moment.
>
> They look useful for building a more compact set up of consoles hooked
> to a monitor or LCD instead of the usual mess of console gear spilling
> out from the area of the television/home entertainment center.

Following up myself again...

I saw a 10" LCD w/TVTuner/DVD/CD/MP3 player with composite & S-video
in @ Radio Shack the other day.  They had a Game Cube hooked up to
it--it didn't look half bad.  It was $399, though.  Axion brand.
Seems like there are a lot of them out there--they make those travel
DVD players, too.

=Nadine=