[geeks] Composite -> VGA adapters

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Feb 23 11:13:02 CST 2005

Lionel Peterson wrote:

>I'm looking for pointers to connect a composite video signal to a VGA
>monitor - the actual application is to connect my soon to be delivered
>Apple I Replica (http://www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=3180) to a VGA
>monitor connector.
>
>Ideally, I want to put the Apple I Replica on a KVM with it's PS/2
>keyboard and (now) VGA monitor connector - no mouse support :^(
>
>Any pointers? Looks like a $100 problem right now...

I bought a box from gamestop for under $50 that lets me hook a composite
or y/c source up to a VGA monitor.  I can't seem to find it on their web
site though.  It was in the display area that sells things like video
switch boxes and such.

I know I've seen such things on eBay, but I'm having trouble hitting the
proper search terms at the moment.

There has got to be a better place to buy them, but
http://www.lik-sang.com has several such devices for $50ish.
Specifically:
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=219&products_id=3166&
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=219&products_id=3235&

Their shipping rates are pretty decent the last time I ordered from
them, if you have it shipped via some slow method (lik sang is in hong
kong).

jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/
http://www.joshuaboyd.org/