[geeks] call for help (fwd)

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Feb 20 21:23:43 CST 2005

Thu, 17 Feb 2005 @ 13:01 -0500, Bryan Fullerton said:

> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:18:13 -0600, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> > This sucks, as I just started moving my domains *to* GoDaddy from
> > Dotster (as they come up for renewal).
>
> GoDaddy has always given me the willies, possibly because of stories
> from friends working at other registrars (though I can't remember any
> specific tales) or maybe just the name.

Have you seen the commercials lately?

It features a large-breasted girl with godaddy written across her boobs.

That kind of selling game for a technical service, the general
presentation, and their corporate-slick website has bothered me a bit,
but I was still thinking of using them.

As far a stories go, I don't believe there is any registrar that I've
not heard a horror story about, so I rarely know now significant they
are.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The determined programmer can write a
FORTRAN program in any language." ]