[geeks] call for help (fwd)

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sun Feb 20 22:29:00 CST 2005

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Have you seen the commercials lately?

Nope, I don't have a TV.

> It features a large-breasted girl with godaddy written across her boobs.

Hmmmm....

.... must ...  get ...  TV now ....           ;)

> That kind of selling game for a technical service, the general
> presentation, and their corporate-slick website has bothered me a bit,
> but I was still thinking of using them.
>
> As far a stories go, I don't believe there is any registrar that I've
> not heard a horror story about, so I rarely know now significant they
> are.

A friend pointed out to me that gandi.net is the ONLY domain registrar
whose service agreement specifically states that your domain name is
your intellectual property, that you *OWN* your domain name, and that it
will never be revoked or taken from you unless you voluntarily
relinquish it or fail to renew your registration.

Since hearing that, I've been giving definite thought to transferring my
domains to gandi.net when they come up for renewal.  One of them comes
up in April.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net