[geeks] Carly's Gone!!!

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Feb 9 16:07:39 CST 2005

" From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
"
" On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 07:48:37 +1100
" Benjamin Gardiner <cvisors at gmail.com> wrote:
"
" > hmmm I wonder what this will mean to HP now, and OpenVMS?
" And Alpha and PA-RISC and Tru64 and HP-UX and, ewww, Itanicum.
" --

imho they're in way too deep to back out of itanic.  and the original
reason - leveraging intel's chipmaking might - is still valid.

that's not to say i don't think -this- chip isn't a colossal mistake.
is it actually showing -any- of the claimed promise?

but we can hope they'll also revisit the non-itanic programs and
re-evaluate them.