[geeks] Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS clicks

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 10:39:01 CST 2005

I have a Sound blaster Audigy 2 ZS
(http://www.soundblaster.com/products/Audigy2zs_notebook/) on my Dell
D600 (pentium M). On playback of 16 or 24 bit recordings, I get
clicks, randomly (once per 1 to 5 minutes or so). I cant figure it
out.

It's not on the recordings themselves. And I can record something like
a whole side of a vinyl without clicks (I record with full duplex,
playing what is being recorded - ie like you would record on a 3 head
tape Nak or Lenco). But once I play it back, randomly I get clicks.
These are nasty digital clicks, not analog noise from the vinyl. Makes
editing with headphones a pain (literally).

I move it over to my network storage, play it back from another device
and get no click.

Any idea what is going on? This is under winslow 2000, latest SB
drivers. I also have Solaris 10 express on it, but I'm trying to
finish to download Solaris 10 RR before I start messing with drivers
there.

Francois