[geeks] Speaking of vinyl records and turntables

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 10:56:41 CST 2005

Anybody has experience with the Stanton Str8-150 (
http://www.stantondj.com/alpha44/load.asp?page=str8150) or ST-150
(http://www.stantondj.com/alpha44/load.asp?page=st150)? I notice these
have SPDIF out. I figure I could transfer my vinyl records this way.

Now I know books have been written and very long usenet debates over
that kind of stuff. I just need to hear from somebody who's been thru
this, what rig they decided on, just to see my options.

Seems I could keep it simple, ST150, optical link, notebook.

I would have loved finding one of those optical (laser) turntables but
that's quite unlikely... This seems to be the closest reasonable
solution?

Francois