[geeks] shopping cart

nimitz at ns1.nimitzbrood.com nimitz at ns1.nimitzbrood.com
Tue Mar 16 13:04:54 CST 2004

> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:59:16 -0500
> Joshua Boyd wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 11:56:47AM -0600, doctor obnox son of a bitch
> > wrote:
> >
> > >   The next time I try to write one, it'll be in FORTH.
> >
> > I think if I was to try and write one I'd do it in common lisp.
> >
> > I need to get around to finishing setting up lisp for web development
> > on my colocated machine.  I think I'm going to end up running a lisp
> > webserver and have Apache proxy in front of it.
>

> Well, I'm going to write one, but it's going to be in PHP since I
> understand that scripting language *very* well.  This is going to be
> fun, but very time consuming - which is why I was trying to avoid having
> to do it.

COBOL web plugin?  What?  *ducks*  ;-)

> However, there will be a certain satisfaction from having it done
> something The Way I Like It.

MAMBOPLUGIN PLS THX BYE!

Seriously Kurt - if you release a good PHP shopping cart plugin I will be happy to spend
much serious time plugging pipecrafter.com anywhere I can.  Even putting links to in on handmadethings.com - whenever the hell I finally get that running dammit.

We need a serious time-eddie machine.  Something that puts us temporarily outside the space-time continum between one moment and the next.  Time to get all the necessary things done and still not miss anything.

Mike
Mike