[geeks] Need moving expertise

Jeff Cole jeff at flambe.org
Sat Mar 6 18:48:19 CST 2004

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 03:56:42PM -0800, Nadine Miller wrote:
> Any of you folks out there in the DC area have leads
> on good housinga

Hi Nadine.

It really depends on where you're going to be working. If you're going
to be working in DC, I would highly reccomend living somewhere near the
metro stops. http://www.wmata.com is the official site for buses, and
the subway complete with timetables and route maps.

http://dc.craigslist.com is a rather good resource.
Also, http://www.washingtonpost.com, http://www.rent.net

Just be wary: SE DC is not the nicest place to live, and NE DC isn't
much better in parts. I lived there for 6 months, and almost nightly had
to convince myself that people were obviously shooting firecrackers off.
Just so I could get some sleep. Adams Morgan and Georgetown are very nice places
to live, but, will also cost you $$$.

Best of luck!

Jeff