[geeks] Why I hate UPS

Nadine Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Thu Mar 4 16:06:31 CST 2004

Lionel Peterson wrote:

> There is "Normal" FedEx, FedEx Ground, FedEx Home, FedEx Freight and
> FedEx Critical _________. When I drove home to meet the delivery man
> (FedEx Freight, it turned out), I saw not only FedEx Ground, but also
> FedEx Freight and "normal" FedEx.
>
> Nadine, I think what you are describing is FedEx Home - when a
> package has to be delivered by FedEx Home, it seems to get pricier -
> that may reflect the subcontractor/per-piece charges you mention.

There is a $2 upcharge on FedEx Ground for residential delivery,
iirc.  More if you need it delivered in a specific time window or
with signature confirmation.  But it's still less than most other
methods, expecially for heavy stuff.

If you go to the FedEx Ground web site, they have the rate
differentials.

=Nadine=