[geeks] Why I hate UPS

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 4 10:46:34 CST 2004

> From: Nadine Miller <vraptor at promessage.com>
> Date: 2004/03/04 Thu PM 04:36:37 GMT
> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Why I hate UPS

> Rumor has it that the FedEx Ground delivery guys are paid
> per parcel delivered & that they own/lease own the trucks,
> so if they are close by, it's better for him to try again.

There is "Normal" FedEx, FedEx Ground, FedEx Home, FedEx Freight and FedEx Critical _________. When I drove home to meet the delivery man (FedEx Freight, it turned out), I saw not only FedEx Ground, but also FedEx Freight and "normal" FedEx.

Nadine, I think what you are describing is FedEx Home - when a package has to be delivered by FedEx Home, it seems to get pricier - that may reflect the subcontractor/per-piece charges you mention.