[geeks] Why I hate UPS

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Fri Mar 5 06:52:54 CST 2004

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Nadine Miller wrote:

Here in the South, I assume it's variable as well, but I've never had a
problem with USPS, Fedex or UPS. UPS tends to be the best and in the rural
communities, the Postal Service may wind up doing the last leg. The only
problem I've had so far with UPS is keeping my dog from trying to bite the
snot out of the driver as he starts walking down the driveway. She chases
anything moving away.

Now, the USPS counters is a different matter. There's one in town that
does a great job of getting people in and out, but it mostly deals with
retirees. Then there's one in the business district that just takes its
time and always has a line 45 minutes long.

Fedex just runs at three different times a day, so...

I grew up with the sons and daughters of UPS drivers and in our community,
it was a somewhat respected job -- one of the few things you could do with
little education and get good pay at. In a largely agricultural community,
that's a plus. So even though it's a union job, the drivers don't act like
it and generally remain friendly... seems the bad union attitude runs
worst toward New England...

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"