[geeks] Aluminum 30" Apple Display

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Jun 29 14:17:43 CDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 06:17:46PM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
> That's a 4-port switch, or they've changed the 501 recently.

You're correct.  They still have the "tap on the top of the case, and it
reboots" problem - verified with every single one of them I've seen.  If
you so much as move it or lift it up and put it back down when its
running, it will reboot.  Design flaw, I think.

> They're
> certainly more than good enough for a home network, unless you've got a
> need for a pure DMZ (you can punch holes through but you can't isolate a
> DMZ server from your internal machines). CPU-wise it'll probably eat
> most consumer stuff alive ... I've managed to get mine to reach 60%
> utilisation by doing an insane nmap scan.

and its just an AMD 386 clone. :)

Bill

--
bill bradford