[geeks] Aluminum 30" Apple Display

Brooke Gravitt gravitt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 15:43:59 CDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:38:45 -0500, Matthew Braun <geeks at leydenjar.com> wrote:

> Damn, a pimpin' Sun Blade 2500 only goes for $29,715.00 (can't get the
> full printout of the loadout  without registering). That's nowhere near
> close to $100k. At first I was disappointed, then I realized this is a
> Good Thing. Now if Vertu (http://www.vertu.com/) made desktops, theirs
> would most likely approach the upper bound.

Excellent. So if we max out the G5, a Blade 2500, and a Tezro, we
could probably go over $100K. That'd be a smooth desktop. NO need for
heat in that room.  A couple of pit bulls to keep the thieves out,
maybe.

> And the XRaid isn't fair;  I could just order a McLaren  to carry my PC
> home to push the price over 1 mi!

Pffft. Anyone who's anyone carries their new kit in the back of their
electric GEM. Which is in the back of their HUMMER. Which is carried
in the back of this bad boy:
<http://www.newscientist.com/opinion/opinterview.jsp?id=ns24521>