[geeks] Encrypted hash question

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jun 16 12:04:51 CDT 2004

I'm trying to recover a "lost" (employee left with it) password for an
application that uses MySQL as backend storage.  I've managed to copy the
database in question to another system running mysql, and then do a
mysqldump of the data.

Now, I just need to decrypt the hash so I can recover the password.
However, these aren't MD5 hashes, and the "John the Ripper" password
cracker wont' recognize them either when I plug them into a password
file.

INSERT INTO user_password VALUES ('administrator','iiQ4AxZsPtUZ3r00');
INSERT INTO user_password VALUES ('operator','7ePNxD3QNoHP9r00');

Anybody have an idea of what hash type those are?  If I can figure that
out, then I can decrypt them, by brute force if necessary.

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas