[geeks] testing

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Wed Jun 9 10:42:30 CDT 2004

A guy in tech said they couldn't cancel my service due to usage
but he was probably mistaken.  in either case, they never did
anything to my or my buddy, just kept emailing us those messages.

In fact, we still have that service in the Homestead house.  We
signed up for Pipeline back in '95.  They were purchased by
Mindspring around 97 or so (if i remember correctly) and finally
Mindspring merged with Earthlink ~1999-2000.  So in effect, we
have had the same provider (in that location) for almost ten
years.  Still got my "kevin at pipeline.com" email address, too.

/KRM

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:00:29 -0500
Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 09:55:25AM -0400, Kevin wrote:
> > My buddy and i both I got several these "warnings" from
> > Mindspring back in the late 90s.  In our case though they
> > were not warnings but rather just complaints from the ISP.
> > According to their policies they could do nothing about it,
> > at least at the time.  I'm sure things are different these
> > days.
>
> Every ISP I've worked for has had a "We may cancel your service
> at any time for any reason" clause in their terms and
> conditions, for situations like this (unrepetant abusive dialup
> users).
>
> Ahh, those were the days.  I can remember one particular
> customer being informed that he could a) have his last month of
> service refunded and move to another provider, or b) stop
> calling tech support, because he was calling EVERY DAY and
> basically abusing the techs.
>
> Bill
>
> --
> bill bradford
> austin texas

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/