[geeks] testing

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jun 9 11:01:40 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 11:42:30AM -0400, Kevin wrote:
> In fact, we still have that service in the Homestead house.  We
> signed up for Pipeline back in '95.  They were purchased by
> Mindspring around 97 or so (if i remember correctly) and finally
> Mindspring merged with Earthlink ~1999-2000.  So in effect, we
> have had the same provider (in that location) for almost ten
> years.  Still got my "kevin at pipeline.com" email address, too.

My first ISP (and first real job), IONet, was finally borg'ed by
earthlink/mindspring a couple of years ago.  I left in '96, and my
dialup account with them worked until 2001 after a couple of
rounds of being acquired by other companies. :)

I emailed earthlink to see if I could pay for service and get
"mrbill at ionet.net" back, but they said no, no new email
accounts under that legacy domain.  Only people who were grandfathered-in
got to keep their ionet addresses.

Bill

--
bill bradford