[geeks] RIP, Ronald Reagan

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 7 15:05:18 CDT 2004

> From: Andrew Weiss <ajwdsp at cloud9.net>
> Date: 2004/06/06 Sun PM 04:52:51 GMT
> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [geeks] RIP, Ronald Reagan
>
> On Jun 5, 2004, at 9:25 PM, Eric Dittman wrote:

> Case in point... he may have been dirty and lots of people hate him,
> but I think Nixon was better than all of them combined so this isn't a
> Republican/Demo thing.  It's who stands up for reasonable principles
> and gets stuff done...
>
> The most inept president I know was Gerald Ford.  He sure is a funny
> guy though.

Well, you can thank your boy Nixon for Gerald Ford - if he hadn't had a tax cheat for a VP, and hadn't tried to cover up Watergate break-in, Gerald Ford would never have been made President...

I happen to think that Nixon was one of the smarter Presidents, but that actually may have been his unding (his brains, and the arrogance to think he could "get away with it"  :^)