[geeks] RIP, Ronald Reagan

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sun Jun 6 17:18:53 CDT 2004

Quoting Matthew Poertner <bass at poertner.net>:

> That's kinda how I feel about Clinton.
>
> Do you guys REALLY want to start talking about politics?
>
> Matt

Whatever you want... this is geeks... you're entitled to your opinion.
Express... discuss... etc.

How old are you btw?...(this is in relation to thinking the Clinton
years... not the man... were anything but the best time in recent
history)... no I don't think he was reponsible directly, but it does
color him.

Yes I personally am tired of our fear-mongering culture.  Yes I am
entitled to my opinions... yes I did recently watch Bowling for
Columbine.  And yes I agree with the basic tenets... even in countries
that own far more guns... they don't have OUR unique problems.  Guns
are cool.. why can't we have them and leave our doors unlocked?  Why
do the talking heads constantly barrage us with terror alerts with no
specificity whatsoever... to keep us afraid... to keep us from
throwing their asses out of a job... to keep us killing each other.

I need to move to Australia in the deep brush or something.

during the Clinton years there were lots of jobs, lots of touchy-
feelyness in the government, no terror alerts, a surplus, it felt like
we were on our way to providing retirement for the next generation.
There was a level keel.  Clinton also wasn't a total pussy who had no
platform or an ill-defined one like Al Gore.  He had chutzpah at
least.

Andrew