[geeks] Cheap multiport PCI 10/100 ethernet cards?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Jul 30 22:21:04 CDT 2004

Anybody have recommendations for "as cheap as possible" 10/100baseT
multiport Ethernet cards?  I've got a system with a single PCI slot
(the mini-PCI I'm building) that may need more than two network
interfaces.

here's what I went with for parts/case:

Motherboard is a VIA EPIA-V10000A Mini-ITX @ 1Ghz:
http://www.directron.com/viaepiav1000a.html

Case is one that will let me use my existing CD-ROM:
http://www.directron.com/viaepiav1000a.html

With sales tax (Directron is in Houston), shipping, etc, it came out to
around $160 - much nicer than the ~$300 that a similar motherboard
and the Casetronic 138 case would have come out to be.

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas