[geeks] guitar / audio geek question

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Jul 25 21:53:46 CDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 10:26:41PM -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> Wait, didn't I see you sell that a while ago?  If you aren't using it or
> a similar unit, then getting the effect you want probably would require
> the crappy speaker plan.

Yeah, sold it, I'm back to a simple setup now:

Instruments:

Les Paul Studio (2003)
Ibanez Artcore TXD71 semi-hollowbody (just got it yesterday, see
 http://sa.mrbill.net/txd71.jpg)
Ovation/Applause roundback acoustic
Gretsch 4-string short-scale bass

I returned the Ibanez GSA60 before 30 days were up, and sold the
Telecaster Special back to Guitar Center.  I think i've got the
perfect combination now, after months of trial and error.

Equipment:

Korg tuner
Marshall MGDFX15 15-watt 10"-speaker combo amp
Crate 10-watt 10"-speaker combo bass amp

> BTW, do you have Garageband?

Yeah, but I got tired of running the guitar through the computer - I
play guitar nowdays to get *away* from the computer. :)

> Do people trade effects setups for that?

I wouldn't think so.  GarageBand is nice, but not *that* nice.

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas