[geeks] guitar / audio geek question

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sun Jul 25 21:26:41 CDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 09:07:20PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> few seconds of audio:
>
> http://sa.mrbill.net/clip.mp3
>
> (or, if you have Darkness' album, the very beginning of track #4)
>
> HOW THE HECK can I duplicate that "tinny AM radio" sound?  (that's the
> best way I can think to describe it).  Any way to do it *without* actually
> playing through and miking up some really tiny crappy speakers?

Won't the V-AMP 2 do it?  If not in the current presets, try looking on
the web for a patch to download it.

Wait, didn't I see you sell that a while ago?  If you aren't using it or
a similar unit, then getting the effect you want probably would require
the crappy speaker plan.

BTW, do you have Garageband?  Do people trade effects setups for that?