[geeks] recommended dual channel LVD controller, PC

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Jul 21 22:58:43 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 10:14:38PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Tue, 20 Jul 2004 @ 20:04 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:
> > I still wish Mylex hadn't bought (and promptly killed off) BusLogic.
>
> Same here.  Remember the BL948?  One of the few cards that almost never
> gave me any trouble at all.

I haven't seen or used a BL948.  But babylon5's primary SCSI controller
is still a BT958C, and llioness's is a BT956C.

Sometime, though, I need to replace babylon5's controller with something
that can actually support the full speed of the disks.  Based on the
recent discussions, one of the dual-channel Symbios cards might be a
good choice.  I understand the Symbios controllers, like Buslogic, have
extremely low overhead.

(I bought the BT958C partly for its low overhead, and partly because
Buslogic SCSI support under Linux was rock-solid at a time when Adaptec
support bore distinct resemblances to Russian roulette.)

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net