[geeks] recommended dual channel LVD controller, PC

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jul 21 21:14:38 CDT 2004

Tue, 20 Jul 2004 @ 20:04 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> > I only have 32-bit PCI, and I wonder if there any advantage/disadvantage
> > to using a dual bus controller versus a pair of controllers?
>
> Considered a 29160?  It can segment the bus and run each segment at its
> own best speed.

I've not found them very cheap yet, though I did miss an auction that
went for a decent price.

> I still wish Mylex hadn't bought (and promptly killed off) BusLogic.

Same here.  Remember the BL948?  One of the few cards that almost never
gave me any trouble at all.

I also liked the DPT cards, back in the day when EATA was new and shiny.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Castles are sacked in war, Chieftains are
scattered far, Truth is a fixed star, Eileen aroon!" -- Gerald Griffin]