[geeks] My tinfoil hat just bounced some rays...

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Mon Jul 12 04:31:02 CDT 2004

On Sunday, July 11, 2004, at 10:41 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> With all due respect - do you really think they would even put this
>> idea out there if they hadn't already planned something?
>
> Well, I maybe more trusting than you, and that's OK - but honestly,
> your suggestion is they wouldn't talk about planning for this if they
> hadn't already planned for this???

Yep.  This administration is one that does a good portion of it's
planning behind the scenes and almost always makes it's move only when
it's fairly certain of success.  Thus, they had to be planning this
behind closed doors until now.

>> Election Day:  Oops!  Those nasty terrorists blew up $monument!  We
>> need to postpone the election!
>
> Well, I'd think it would be more like "Oops! The election
> infrastructure in a battleground state is out of comission, we can't
> get election results from $STATE" - what should happen then?

Except that the plan in question is to delay the _complete_ election if
there's a terrorist attack.  A state-by-state delay would not serve
their purpose.  This is the start of an attempt to suspend all
elections in my opinion.

>> Repeat for every election day thereafter.
>
> Yeah, that would fly - for ever ;^) Eventually we'd run out of
> monuments...

By then it wouldn't matter.  The sheep would be under control and those
of us that disagree would either be gone, dead, or threatened into
silence.

Mike Hebel
----
"I think we used too much!" - Chris Knight