[geeks] My tinfoil hat just bounced some rays...

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Sun Jul 11 23:05:27 CDT 2004

On Jul 11, 2004, at 23:41, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Well, I maybe more trusting than you, and that's OK - but honestly,
> your suggestion is they wouldn't talk about planning for this if they
> hadn't already planned for this???

I believe it would be safe to say it's been discussed at length before
being brought to the attention of the general public.

> Well, I'd think it would be more like "Oops! The election
> infrastructure in a battleground state is out of comission, we can't
> get election results from $STATE" - what should happen then?

Somehow election results were tallied before the days of electronic
balloting. It could be done again. So you wouldn't know the same day,
so what?

>> Repeat for every election day thereafter.
> Yeah, that would fly - for ever ;^) Eventually we'd run out of
> monuments...

At which point it wouldn't matter, as free elections would be a thing
of history. Look at history and tell me it can't happen. I dare you.

You know, being Jewish, conversations have often come up regarding the
state of Jews in Germany in the 20's and 30's, and how they could
possibly have missed the warning signs and stayed. I'm not saying
there's going to be a repeat of what happened there, but we do need to
pay attention to what's going on. To paraphrase, if we ignore history,
we are doomed to repeat it.

---sambo