[geeks] But, it's not a tax...

Michael Horton Michael.Horton at acntv.com
Mon Jul 12 08:43:17 CDT 2004

the AlGore tax (on phone service) to fund internet connectivity for all
USA government schools has never been repealed, reduced, or eliminate
even though the Federal government has stated that all schools are now
connected.  This fund will do nicely to connection every home,
appartment, cabin, tent, etc. to broadband service.

Isn't it strange that those who see a need for broadband service will
not get refunds, reductions, or free service and that groups and
individuals who don't want broadband service (such as the Amish) will
get broadband service.

On the other hand, RVs will have broadband at every RV campsite (there
are people who lived in those camps).  What a boon to KOA.  Soon after
the implementation of broadband to every home, someone will require RVs
(even trucks, cars, and motorcycles) to have wireless broadband.  The US
Government will fund satellites to provide the wireless broadband
nationwide.  Then a worldwide push to include every US citizen wherever
in the world they are.  Next every US government school will have to
supply "computers" to every school student (as well as faculty and
administrators).  Then, as technology matures, every citizen will have a
"personal" broadband connection on their person courtesy of the US
government.  With this resource located on every citizen, all Federal
funded studies can be complete since every US citizen can be queried for
any critical question.  Or, maybe just monitored to be sure the
information is on-hand before the study is even designed.  (What
efficiency!)  Power? Power? Well we can derive the needed power from the
US citizens themselves.  After all, each US citizen is just a
self-contained battery, right!