[geeks] But, it's not a tax...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 11 23:00:29 CDT 2004

I was doing something I don't normally do, and I noticed one of the candidates proposes to solve hi-tech unemployment through the healing powers of universal broadband. How will this be funded? With the $30 billion we'll raise on license fees for digital TV stations. And where will the stations get the money? From increased advertising rates. How will the companies afford those higher advertising rates? By raising prices on products. Of course, the website stopped this logical progression after the TV stations write their $30 Billion checks...

But it's not a tax...

I don't think I'll visit candidate websites anymore...

Argh.