[geeks] CGO interview...

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Sat Jul 10 05:42:32 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 10:04:13PM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
> Not sure about 'tje' but the SUNWsan (and SUNWcpfl) packages are
> available from the SUN downloads site ('StorEdge SAN'). Personally I'd
> stick to the 3.x releases as 4.x didn't work for me. I'm only really
> using the updated qlogic drivers and the multipathing capabilty.

Yeah, stick with SAN 3.x - as long as you don't want any of the new
features, hardware support, or bug fixes which have been added in the
past few years. Ohh, and as long as you don't mind being unsupported.

> If you've got EMCpowerpath installed, bear in mind that installing both
> gave me an instant kernel panic.

Probably just need to increase the kernel stack size. RTFM as the
PowerPath install instructions have details. Veritas does it itself
during the install (although you may been to increase it further).

> Don't know about Veritas DMP, but as powerpath is a modified DMP, I'd
> approach it with caution.

PowerPath isn't modified DMP. It's a completely different product which
works in a _completely_ different way. The only similarity between the
two is that they are both multi-pathing software.

  Scott.