[geeks] Re: [rescue] OT taxes

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Apr 19 23:28:16 CDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 11:03:25PM -0500, Brian Dunbar wrote:
> Forwarded to Geeks
> On Apr 19, 2004, at 12:11 PM, Kevin Loch wrote:
> >Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> >>That I'll pay for.  That army should not cost $xxxx/year per citizen.
> >
> >Then the army should stop paying $xxxx per toilet seat.  Seriously,
> >Imagine how much lower our taxes would be if we eliminated the massive
> >fraud, waste and abuse that persists throughout everything our
> >government touches.
>
> The $500 toilet seat started life as a misunderstanding, IIRC.  The
> Navy needed seats to outfit a certain class of P3 Orion, there were a
> limited number of birds, and they had to  meet some extraordinary
> requirements for crash worthiness.  That's the story I head, ymmv.

I'm also told a lot of the $200 hammers are line-items that have been
padded to hide the cost of black projects that Congress isn't trusted to
know about.  (Personally, the whole idea of military black projects that
the government itself is not allowed to know about bothers me in the
first place, but that's neither here nor there at the moment.)

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :