[geeks] one drawback to the new economy

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Apr 19 01:15:32 CDT 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Brian Dunbar wrote:

> But I'm _it_ for this god-forsaken-application-from-hell that refuses to see
> the database from the new app server.

Is this one of those Java middleware nightmares (like IBM WebSphere)?

I've found that a couple of them (WebSphere) are supersensitive about
capitalisation in hostnames, which is thoroughly retarded, but makes
some amount of sense given the Javacentricity of the whole clusterfsck.

Also, if you're using Orrible, make sure you have the listener turned
on.  I can't count the number of times that's left me scratching my
head.

> What timing - we're doing my performance reviews tomorrow ...

Naturally.  Old man murphy lives in the server room.

> Thanks for listening to my sorta rant sorta steam venting.

Dude, we've all been there.  I'm just glad that this week isn't my week
in the stocks.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."