[geeks] Insurance (was [rescue] Current collections)

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Tue Apr 13 19:35:58 CDT 2004

On Apr 13, 2004, at 7:51 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Friend above left State Farm because they gave him $3200 for a vehicle
> blue booked at $7900.
>
> Around here I hear a lot of complaints about State Farm.
>
> I wonder if insurance companies vary by regional management?  Is State
> Farm a single company, or an umbrella organization?
>
> Another friend of mine came to GEICO from Progressive, saving about
> $200/year over her previous policy.  A friend of hers went the opposite
> direction for the same reason.
>
> Wierd...

I've always had Geico... I'm in NY... and my rates are great.  They've
always handled claims well.

I've heard bad things (a lot of bad things) about Allstate.  I used to
work for a guy who had a non-profit called Citizens Against Unfair
Insurance Practices... judging by the hundreds of articles I perused,
most companies have some amount of bad faith claims... I never once
read about Geico in those... but that doesn't mean they don't
occasionally screw the pooch.

Andrew