[geeks] Insurance (was [rescue] Current collections)

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Apr 13 18:51:29 CDT 2004

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 @ 16:26 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> Datapoint:
>
> I'm with State Farm, and have been for years.  I'm currently paying
> about $120/month for a Dodge Intrepid R/T and a Honda CBR929RR together,
> for full coverage with pretty generous limits, and I've yet to get a
> "competitive" quote that's better.  For the same two vehicles, Geico
> (for example) wanted to charge me over $2200 a year.  I laughed at them
> and told them they had to be kidding.

That's wierd, because a friend of mine has three vehicles on GEICO and
saved money coming *from* State Farm.

> When my previous motorcycle got totalled, State Farm paid me about $1000
> more than I paid for the bike.

Friend above left State Farm because they gave him $3200 for a vehicle
blue booked at $7900.

Around here I hear a lot of complaints about State Farm.

I wonder if insurance companies vary by regional management?  Is State
Farm a single company, or an umbrella organization?

Another friend of mine came to GEICO from Progressive, saving about
$200/year over her previous policy.  A friend of hers went the opposite
direction for the same reason.

Wierd...

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [javalin: an unwieldy programming weapon used
to stab a software project through the heart until dead]