[geeks] Insurance (was [rescue] Current collections)

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Apr 14 12:14:56 CDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 03:56:55PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> > My '87 Jetta cost something like $600 a year to insure that way.
>
> Hmmm... I still have vehicle coverage, and mine is $380 bi-annually.
>
> Looks like I'm getting a better deal than you then.

I had been getting a better deal, but I had to switch companies.

Also, I didn't have the bare minimum of coverage.  I'm not sure how much
I could have saved if I'd had less coverage.  I thought it was only
right to have enough to make sure third parties are reasonably covered
should I screw up big time.  I think it might have been something like
100/300 coverage.

Also, I may have been a lot younger then you at the time I had that car
(got rid of it when I was 23, now have full coverage on a new car and am
paying far, far more, like maybe $1800 a year, with a pretty clean
record).