[geeks] Insurance (was [rescue] Current collections)

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Tue Apr 13 15:26:19 CDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 03:56:55PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Mon, 12 Apr 2004 @ 11:09 -0400, Joshua Boyd said:
> > Yikes!  What state are you in?  In PA, you can get liability insurance
> > that covers strictly third parties and not your car.
> >
> > My '87 Jetta cost something like $600 a year to insure that way.
>
> Hmmm... I still have vehicle coverage, and mine is $380 bi-annually.
>
> Looks like I'm getting a better deal than you then.
>
> I'm in Virginia, using GEICO.  I thought about switching, but most of
> the other insurance companies have screwed my friends or cost a lot
> more.  Nobody I know is happy with their insurance, and most report
> payoffs are dismal.
>
> That's the primary problem.

Datapoint:

I'm with State Farm, and have been for years.  I'm currently paying
about $120/month for a Dodge Intrepid R/T and a Honda CBR929RR together,
for full coverage with pretty generous limits, and I've yet to get a
"competitive" quote that's better.  For the same two vehicles, Geico
(for example) wanted to charge me over $2200 a year.  I laughed at them
and told them they had to be kidding.

When my previous motorcycle got totalled, State Farm paid me about $1000
more than I paid for the bike.

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :