[geeks] Insurance (was [rescue] Current collections)

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Fri Apr 9 15:02:48 CDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 03:29:57PM -0400, Kevin wrote:
> This would not fix my problem at all.  I actually drive the car
> three to four months of the year, and during that time the car IS
> insured (i get six month policies.)  For either of those the car
> has to be registered.

This, too, is a solvable problem.  Month-by-month non-operation filing,
for example, with required "freezing" of your insurance by your carrier,
would trivially solve it.

> I just don't think i should have to pay $800 - $1000 to ensure a
> car for six months when the car is in Florida and the engine
> and/or trans is in California.

Your car and its power train spend half the year on opposite sides of
the US?

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :