[geeks] Even better!

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Mon Oct 20 15:18:43 CDT 2003

On Monday, October 20, 2003, at 11:41 AM, Francisco Javier
Mesa-Martinez wrote:

>> Young or foreign yuppies?  Going for the cool factor with no info
>> as to the content?
>
> Why foreigners? AS far as my experience goes, it is red blooded
> Americans
> who can not even deal with a fucking nipple in ther TV sets much else
> profanity. You can kill 10 million people in prime time, but god forbid
> the word fuck is uttered or genitalia is shown, as that could *gasp*
> traumatize whoever is watching.

Francisco, take a fucking chill pill.

My point was that someone not from the US might not know
who George Carlin was and his comedic style, not that
(generally) foreigners are uptight about about profanity/
nudity/etc.  But, from my experience, the attitude you
express is Euro-centric.

I am quite familiar with people from all over Asia-Pac, having
lived in Silicon Valley for a decade, thank you very much.  So,
I could see Indians getting up and walking out (heh, try saying
"fuck" in a conversation with an Indian professional *in*
India!), or HK Chinese immigrants, or Philipino immigrants.
I'd be willing to guess many Middle-Eastern immigrants would
also leave.

Asian boys might like their porn, but they aren't going
to expose their sensitive brides to crude language (or
quite probably, their sexual fantasies, either).  I won't
even go into the crazy hoops my Viet-Chinese friend (the
only daughter) goes through to keep her momma from knowing
she drinks, swears, plays paint ball, and dates white boys.

=Nadine=